Friday, October 21, 2011

Home Ownership = Marriage?


It's been almost 3 years since I bought my place, which is hard for me to believe. That means that I've lived in my place a year longer than I've lived in any place in my adult life.

You see, kids, besides being a people pleaser who hates people, I'm also a commitment-phobe who's afraid of taking chances.

This was no doubt a big decision and the most stressful decision I've made in my life so far. It's also occurred to me that home-ownership is a lot like what I think marriage is like: Most days you're content, if not happy, but then there are those days....those days that you think, "This is the worst decision I've ever made in my life. I can't even stand to look at you right now! How could my friends and family have let me make such a horrible decision!!!"

There's more.

I don't know of anyone who hasn't had real-estate buyers remorse or at least questioning at some point. I still find myself stalking my range on MLS listings yelling at the computer, "What?! I could have had that! I wish I'd known that would be a %#$@&(* option!"

Then I have to calm myself down by reminding myself that no place is perfect, and mine's pretty good most of the time. I also try not to think about me possibly being stuck with it for the rest of my life, but if I am, I'm going to make the best out of it.

I know what you're thinking: I'm going to be such a catch for some young man someday.

3 comments:

  1. congrats because of your house!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny. You will just have to find a very particular man and then...match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you two for your comments! I know I'm not good at this whole "blog" thing, but thanks for checking in on me anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete