Wednesday, February 29, 2012

29.

Image from Google Images - This is the first picture that pops up when you search "29 years old" and that, my friends, makes me laugh hysterically.

Ah, leap year. I remember sitting with my friend watching the 2008 Olympics and saying, "Just think, the next time it's a leap year and the summer olympics are on, we'll be 30." I love the look on people's faces when I point out something horrible they've never thought of; I'm just a good friend, what can I say.

I actually really don't care about turning 30. I mean, no one likes change (I've really been relishing when I start my age with "twenty-..." lately), but it's not as scary as, say, 40 (that's always been my "scary" age; I mean that's when you either stay cool or you just turn into your mother).

Here's the problem with 29: it's felt like Sunday night for the last several months. You know what I'm talking about, when you've had a great weekend, and then it's Sunday night, and you're just sitting there dreading Monday so you can't even enjoy the rest of your weekend. Not that anything bad is going to happen Monday...maybe you even have a happy hour planned. The point is, 29 is Sunday night. For an entire year.

So, thank you leap year for giving me an extra day during my Sunday night.

1 comment:

  1. I think this was one of your most hilarious posts yet. You hit it on the head...especially about turning into your mother. Love it!

    ReplyDelete